I’ve had a few messages asking how my running is going. Well it’s going great. It’s been a little more challenging this last week as the weather has changed, it’s been cold, wet and windy. However I’ve not stopped running. I made a promise to myself I’ll never use the weather as an excuse not to run. And in fact I prefer running in the cold to the heat of Summer, I feel like I’m still getting acclimatised to the humidity and heat of the Auckland Summer (I’ve been here 6 years). And running in the rain is pretty fun too.
I think running is as much a mental activity as a physical one and I realise I lie to myself on most of my runs.
Here are a few of the lies I tell myself while out running.
1. I’m running fast.
2. I look great running.
3. That hill is not that steep
4. I’m going to run up that hill fast, not so slow it looks like I’m not actually moving.
5. I will not get stitch on this run.
There are certain things I just can’t run without:
1. iPhone (for apps and music)
2. Running app (I love to see how fast and far I’ve run)
3. Music, I’m always changing my playlists. Music is so important to me. There is no way I’d be able to go for a run without it.
4. My fitbit.
5. Arm strap for iPhone
With regard to my music here is my current playlist:
Outside, Calvin Harris
Let’s Go, Calvin Harris
Dangerous, David Guetta
Start Me Up, The Rolling Stones
Do I Wanna a Know, Arctic Monkeys
Railroad Track, Willy Moon
Spectrum, Florence & The Machine
Sunshine, David Guetta
Lovers on the Sun, David Guetta
Well it’s time for a run now. So I’ll be off.