Since cutting my carb and gluten intake one of the things I’ve really missed is our weekly pizza night. So thought I’d try out a cauliflower base pizza. Now the recipes I have seen online had Parmesan cheese in them. But my littles ones aren’t keen on that particular cheese so I’ve played around with the recipe and come up with this.
Ingredients: 1 large cauliflower head, 1/4 cup of cream cheese, 1 beaten egg, 1 tsp dried mixed herbs. 2 tbsp tomato paste and your favourite pizza toppings.
1.cPreheat oven to 200c.
2. Roughly chop up the cauliflower and steam for ten minutes.
3. In a large bowl mash the cauliflower until it’s looks like rice, and leave to cool for a couple of minutes.
4. Place the cauliflower on to a tea towel wrap up and squeeze out all the water, this is a very important stage if you don’t you will end up with a soggy mess.
5. Once all the water is removed, place back in the bowel with the egg, herbs and cream cheese then combine.
6. Line a baking tray and pat out the cauliflower, bake for 35 mins until golden and firm to touch.
7. Removed from oven cover with tomato paste and top with your favourite topping and place under the grill until toppings are cooked.