I have been playing around with this recipe and think I have perfected it. After reading up on the pros of using cacao powder over coco I have swapped that out and tweaked it slightly so below is the new improved recipe.
This is is a low carb, gluten free and refined sugar free delicious loaf. It is super easy to make and keeps well.
Ingredients: 1/3 cup olive oil, 2/3 cup maple syrup 2 eggs, 2 large ripe bananas, 2 tbsp cocao powder, 1tsp baking powder, 1/2 tsp baking soda, 2 cups quinoa flour, 1 tsp vanilla essence.
1. Preheat the oven to 180c. Grease and line a loaf tin.
2. Beat the eggs, maple syrup, oil and banana together then set aside.
3. In a different bowl mix together all the dry ingredients before mixing into the wet.
4. Mix the dry ingredients into the wet and stir until completely combined.
5. Pour into tin and bake for approx 35 mins until skewer comes out clean.
This is yummy with butter or on it’s own.