This is is one of those great recipes where you pop all the ingredients into a pan and place in the oven. We have it with cauliflower mash and steamed broccoli. So it’s a great carb free, gluten free dinner.
Ingredients: 4x chicken thighs, 4x chicken drumsticks, 1 bulb of garlic, 1 glass of white wine, handful of thyme, 2 lemons quartered, 250ml chicken stock, 2 tbsp of olive oil.
1. Preheat the oven to 150c.
2. Pour the olive oil into a deep baking pan coating the bottom then add all the chicken (skin up).
3. Add the quartered lemon and thyme. Pull apart the garlic bulb and spread out the garlic through the pan no need to peel he garlic.
4. Pour over the wine and chicken stock making sure all the chicken is slightly submerged before covering with foil and placing in the oven.
5. Cook, for 2.5hrs then remove the foil and turn the oven up to 200 for 20 to 30 mins until the chicken skin is a lovely brown and the sauce has reduced.