For my Meat Free Monday dinner I made this Cauliflower Curry with Quinoa. It’s gluten free, low carb and vegetarian. You can add any vegetables you want, it’s pretty flexible.
Ingredients: 1/2 cauliflower head, handful of sugarsnap peas, 1 kumera (cubed), 1 lime, handful of fresh coriander 6cm piece of fresh ginger (grated), 800ml coconut milk, 1 tsp of coconut sugar, 1 tsp turmeric, 1 tsp cumin, 2 tbsp garam masala, 1 onion 2 tbsp olive oil. I cup of quinoa. 3 cloves of garlic (crushed). 500 ml of vegetable stock.
1. Heat the oil in a large pan ( I used my deep wok) and fry the onions until soft.
2. Add the garlic and ginger and fry for a min. Then add all the spices and fry for a minute.
3. Add 250ml of stock and all the coconut milk stir and bring to the boil. Once it’s boiling add the kumera and turn heat down and simmer for Approx 5 mins then add the cauliflower and continue to. Simmer for 12 mins then finally add the sugarsnap peas and simmer for 4 mins.
4. While the curry is cooking pop the quinoa in a pan and add 250 ml of stock and simmer for 20mins
5. Dish up the curry add a squeeze of lime and coriander and serve.
I’m really happy with how delicious this turned out. It’s a curry without the guilt.