This is gluten and refined sugar free and lowcarb real food. I have recently amended this recipe swapping the coco for cacao it’s a healthier alternative and tastes better too. The topping is Chilli Chocolate Flakes.
Cake Ingredients: 1/4 cup coconut flour, 1/4 cup cacao powder, 1/4 cup maple syrup, 1/4 cup olive oil, 1tsp baking powder, 1 tsp vanilla essence and 4 eggs
1. Preheat oven to 180c
2. Whisk the eggs in a bowl.
3. Add the vanilla, maple syrup and olive oil to the eggs and stir well.
4. Add the coconut Flour, coco and baking powder to the mix and stir well until combined.
5. Bake in cake lined and greased cake tin. For approx 30 mins or until skewer comes out clean. Or in a muffin tray for 20mins or until skewer comes out clean.
Chocolate Flakes Ingredients: 1/2 cup of cocao powder, 1/2 coconut oil, 2 tbsp honey 1 tsp chilli powder.
1. Melt the oil and honey and pop into a bowl and mix in the cocao powder pour out onto rubber basking tray or baking tray lined with baking paper and pop in fridge until set.