I love a pavlova and I have been experimenting with it for sometime. This is my take on a pavlova, I made this desert last night for a dinner party to celebrate my sister in law’s birthday. It’s a great dessert for a dinner party as it looks fantastic and is pretty easy to make.
My recipe makes meringue nests that are crunchy on the outside and soft and gooey on the inside.
3 egg whites, at room temperature
2/3 cup of caster sugar
1 tsp of white wine vinegar
1/2 tsp of rosewater
1/4 pink food colouring
300ml of thickened cream
2 tbsp of icing sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 punnet of strawberries
red edible glitter
1. Preheat the oven to 100c. Place the egg whites in a clean and dry bowl. Whisk on high until soft peaks form. Slowly add the sugar, pouring in 1 tbsp at a time. Keep whisking on high until all the sugar is incorporated. The meringue should be smooth and glossy.
2. Add the food colouring and whisk in.
3. Gently fold in the rosewater then the vinegar.
4. Butter a baking tray or line with baking paper. Divide the meringue into nests and bake int he oven for 1.5 hours. Turn off the oven and allow the meringues to completely cool in the oven with the door shut.
5. Just before serving mix the vanilla and icing sugar with the cream. Place a good dollop of cream on each mergingue, then scatter the strawberries and pomegranate seeds. sprinkle over the glitter.