I had some time this morning to myself, my son Ethan was at nursery and my daughter Lucy was asleep so I thought i’d make chocolate fudge brownies for my husband, Michael. He absolutely loves my brownies and its been awhile since I made them.
Michael was chuffed to bits when I surprised him at work with them. He asked what he had done to deserve them, and replied nothing I just thought you might like some. I was rewarded with a fantastic grin and then a cuddle, it made my day. It makes you feel great to do something nice for someone for no other reason but you thought it would make them happy.
Gooey Chocolate Fudge Brownies
- 100g plain chocolate
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 125g butter
- 275g caster sugar
- 50g self raising flour
- 25g plain flour
- 2 tablespoon coco powder
- heat oven to 180c and line a 20cm square tin with parchment.
- pour 5cm of water into a saucepan. Take bowl of the heat and set aside.
- Put the vanilla, softened butter and sugar into a bowl and beat till combined. Add beaten eggs a little at a time , beating all the while.
- sift the flour and coco powder into the bowl and add the melted chocolate and stir in.
- Spoon the mixture into the tin and smooth the back of your spoon.
- Bake brownies for 35 mins or until they have formed a nice crust but are still soft in the middle.
- Leave brownies for 20 mins then cut them up.